The ARMTA Calgary Chamber Music Program is a pilot project aiming to expose young instrumentalists and aspiring musicians to the art of performing together in a small group setting. It offers ten advanced students, ages 9 to 17, excellent opportunities to study and perform with established chamber music professionals. ACCMP will specialize in repertoire for piano, strings and voice with an emphasis on piano trios and string quartets.
This program is open to all students of ARMTA Calgary teachers. Students must have no previous experience in chamber music ensembles, and should aspire to pursue a career in classical music performance. Students of ARMTA members from other Southern Alberta communities are also welcome to apply. The program will be instrumental in the recruitment and promotion of young talent.
What to expect:
- Introduction to chamber music in its historical context
- Preparation for playing in a group
- Experience working with a score
- Learning how to communicate musically
- Learning how to prepare for stage performance
- Performance opportunities
- Masterclasses with visiting faculty
- Recording in a sound studio
Please contact Chrysanthema Pashunkova with inquiries.