Members of ARMTA Calgary Branch must be paid members of ARMTA Provincial. Membership requirements are the same for both local and provincial members.
Please click here to access a Membership Application Package.
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
A. Full Member
One of the following qualifications is required:
- A music degree (e.g. Bachelor of Music or higher) from a recognized post-secondary institution. A BA in Music degree or equivalent is typically not sufficient on its own unless advanced study can be demonstrated.
- An Associate or Licentiate Diploma from a recognized institution
- An established and highly-regarded reputation as a successful music teacher or performer as determined by the ARMTA Board of Examiners
- Employment in a teaching capacity in the Music Department of a recognized College or University
B. Affiliate Member
Affiliate Grade 10: Completed Grade 10 Practical exam with co-requisite theory or equivalent
Affiliate Grade 9: Completed Grade 9 Practical exam with co-requisite theory or equivalent
- The minimum age for ARMTA membership is 18 years.
- Applicants must provide a current Criminal Record Check (which may be obtained at any division of the RCMP or from your local police force). You must upload photos/scans or mail hard copies of your Criminal Record Check at the time of registration.
- Applicants must indicate specialized and advanced-level training in at least one practical SOLO discipline (instrumental or voice) or in THEORY (e.g. harmony, history, composition, pedagogy).
- Affiliate Members may NOT use the designation “Registered Music Teacher” nor the abbreviation RMT.