Points to consider in selecting a teacher include:
- Musical education
- Level of experience
- Type of programme offered
A good foundation is essential to the study of any art or science. Therefore, it is especially important that the beginning student have the best possible teacher.
What is a Registered Music Teacher (RMT)?
When it comes to music, “RMT” means “Registered Music Teacher”. Members of all the provincial registered music teachers’ associations must hold a music teacher’s certificate or diploma from a School of Music or a University music degree and have a record of four years teaching. This ensures a high standard of education and a commitment to the profession. Registered Music Teachers are also members of the national association (CFMTA-FCAPM) of over 3,200 members.
Benefits of Studying with a Registered Music Teacher (RMT)
- Assurance of qualified, knowledgeable instruction.
- Opportunities for performance at:
- Music festivals
- Public Recitals
- Studio Recitals and Master Classes
- Canada Music Week Celebrations
- National & Provincial Student Competitions
- Opportunities for students to receive scholarships, both in practical and theoretical subjects.
- Opportunities for advanced students to develop the applied pedagogical knowledge and experience needed to obtain a Teacher’s Associate Diploma.
Please click here to Find a Teacher in your neighbourhood.